[Openid-specs-fapi] Presentation about hypermedia login API

Travis Spencer travis at curity.io
Tue Feb 9 20:14:41 UTC 2021

It can be checked with the secretary that Curity AB has signed the
CONTRIBUTOR AGREEMENT on July 27, 2020 that states:

1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. OIDF intends to make Specifications (defined
in the OpenID Intellectual Property Rights Policy) broadly available
for implementation by others without a fee. To facilitate this,
Contributor grants certain rights in (and makes other commitments
regarding) its intellectual property. These grants and commitments are
set forth in the OpenID Intellectual Property Rights Policy
(“Policy”), which is fully incorporated into this Agreement by this
reference.

The Policy in that term can be found at
https://openid.net/intellectual-property/ or more specifically
https://openid.net/wordpress-content/uploads/2017/06/OIDF-Policy-IPR-Policy-Final-6-19-2017.pdf
which states:

VI.Patents.1.Limited Patent Promise.Each Contributor hereby
irrevocably makes the following promise (on behalf of itself and its
Related Entities) without the requirement of any monetary compensation
or any additional terms and conditions:Contributor (“I” or “me”)
hereby irrevocably promises not to assert any Necessary Claims [claims
of any patent or patent application] against any other entity (“you”)
for making, using, selling, offering for sale, importing, or
distributing any Implementation or offering any product or service to
the extent it contains or uses a Compliant Portion [those specific
portions of a product ... to the extent that they implement and are
compliant with all relevant portions of a particular Implementers
Draft or Final Specification]...

The listed representatives in our signed CONTRIBUTOR AGREEMENT are me,
Mark Dobrinic, Jacob Ideskog, Renato Athaydes, and Pedro Felix. The
initial Working Group is "FAPI".

It is not listed on
https://openid.net/intellectual-property/contribution-license-agreement/
but I think that is because that page is outdated (or because that
page is not listing what I think it's listing).

IANAL either so please let me know if we can present tomorrow or not.