[Openid-specs-fapi] External : Dependencies on the OBE Registry

Freddi Gyara Freddi.Gyara at openbanking.org.uk
Thu Sep 24 08:56:41 UTC 2020

Unfortunately, NCAs do not have the technical or process capability of maintaining a PKI and a proper electronic register.

MTLS is convenient to implement - there is significant expertise in the industry, lots of vendor support - both through HSMs and hardware edge devices. A similar level of understanding, vendor support, tooling and expertise just does not exist around signature based solutions.

I agree with you, that non-MTLS, signature based systems are the direction that we should be travelling in.