[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #336: FAPI 2 Baseline - Client types (openid/fapi)

Steinar.Noem issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Nov 18 10:59:37 UTC 2020

New issue 336: FAPI 2 Baseline - Client types
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/336/fapi-2-baseline-client-types

Steinar Noem:

Should/could the Baseline profile reference the enhancements in OAuth 2.1 concerning client \(authentication\) types for the AS?

At the moment there is a requirement on both the AS and the Client to support client authentication, and I guess that the type of authentication is implicit \(mTLS or private\_key\_jwt\).

My experience is that an API will often want to know a little bit more about which type of client it communicates with.