[Openid-specs-fapi] FAPI 2 Advanced Profile / Recommendations for signing resource requests/responses

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Sat Jun 6 08:24:34 UTC 2020

Hi,

> Am 05.06.2020 um 10:20 schrieb Daniel Fett via Openid-specs-fapi <openid-specs-fapi at lists.openid.net>:
>

> Hi all,
>
> I prepared a first (rough) draft of the FAPI 2 Advanced profile and would welcome your feedback: https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/src/c28fc020e7ab9377d96501f2b4daa9a9da8f2128/FAPI_2_0_Advanced_Profile.md?at=danielfett%2Ffapi2%2Fadvanced
>
> One open question is whether we can give recommendations regarding resource request and response signing. We currently have https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/src/master/Financial_API_HTTP_Signing.md which lists "typical requirements" but does not give concrete advice.
>
> eTSI is developding JAdES

is the current spec publicly available?
> and there is some work ongoing in the IETF HTTP group as well.

I think this work is in early stage, I don’t think we should be waiting for it getting stable.
> What are other options that we should take a look at?

(1) JWS in its traditional form or as (2) detached signature with unencoded payload - as far as I remember, UK OB wanted to use (2) but reverted to (1). I would appreciate if someone involved in UK OB would comment.

best regards,
Torsten.