[Openid-specs-fapi] EMV as a PSD2 compliant method

Dave Tonge dave.tonge at momentumft.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 07:12:50 UTC 2020

Hi Anders

I think you are missing a key part of PSD2 PISPs - it's about "online
access".
ASPSPs only need to provide PISPs access to initiate payments via
mechanisms available to the PSU online.

Other parts of PSD2 cover other payment methods, but not the sections on
PISPs

Dave

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 at 08:38, Anders Rundgren via Openid-specs-fapi <

> AFAICT, EMV is fully aligned with PSD2.  The cards are [generally] issued
> by the ASPSPs and the payment terminal ("SCA application") are endorsed by
> the ASPSPs.  That is, there is no delegation of trust with respect to PSUs
> or their credentials.
>
> What could a PSD2 TPP do here? Presumably the same thing as Stripe,
> Worldpay, etc.  ("Payment Gateway"), but with the difference that it would
> only need to be licensed.
>
> If this is a viable business or not is another question but this seems
> equally relevant for the "traditional" PISP as well.
>
> So, how do we get EMV into the FAPI standard? :)
>
> Anders

[image: Moneyhub Enterprise]
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fmoneyhubenterprise.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGUnR5opJv5S1uZOVg8aISwPKAv3A>
Moneyhub Financial Technology, 5th Floor, 10 Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6FL
t: +44 (0)117 280 5120

Moneyhub Enterprise is a trading style of Moneyhub Financial Technology
Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority ("FCA"). Moneyhub Financial Technology is entered on the
Financial Services Register (FRN 809360) at fca.org.uk/register.
Moneyhub Financial
Technology is registered in England & Wales, company registration number
06909772 .
Moneyhub Financial Technology Limited 2018 ©

DISCLAIMER: This email (including any attachments) is subject to copyright,
and the information in it is confidential. Use of this email or of any
information in it other than by the addressee is unauthorised and unlawful.
Whilst reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any attachments are
virus-free, it is the recipient's sole responsibility to scan all
attachments for viruses. All calls and emails to and from this company may
be monitored and recorded for legitimate purposes relating to this
company's business. Any opinions expressed in this email (or in any
attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the
opinions of Moneyhub Financial Technology Limited or of any other group
company.