[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #299: "In addition, the confidential client for write operations" causes confusion (openid/fapi)

josephheenan issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Jul 2 07:54:05 UTC 2020

New issue 299: "In addition, the confidential client for write operations" causes confusion
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/299/in-addition-the-confidential-client-for

Joseph Heenan:

The text `In addition, the confidential client for write operations` is causing confusion in Australia / UK where I understand they're adopted FAPI-RW for read operations.

I think we should probably move any mention of write operations to some non-normative text, perhaps mention something like “some servers may apply the weaker restrictions in FAPI-R if they detect a read-only operation” \(although I think even that text might potentially still cause the same confusion\).

I’d suggest just removing “for write operations” here.

‌