[Openid-specs-fapi] Name change and FAPI Evolution

Daniel Fett fett at danielfett.de
Wed Feb 26 15:52:07 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Am 19.02.20 um 16:34 schrieb Dave Tonge via Openid-specs-fapi:
> 1. The current "Financial-grade API - Part 1: Read-Only API Security
> Profile" (FAPI Read) spec should be changed to "Financial-grade API
> 1.0 - Part 1: Read-Only API Security Profile (FAPI 1.0 Read)
> 2. The current "Financial-grade API - Part 2: Read and Write API
> Security Profile" (FAPI Read/Write) spec should be changed to
> "Financial-grade API 1.0 - Part 2: Read and Write API Security Profile
> (FAPI 1.0 Read/Write)
> 3. We introduce two new documents:
>  - Financial-grade API 2.0 - Basic Security Profile" (FAPI 2.0 Basic)
>  - Financial-grade API 2.0 - Advanced Security Profile" (FAPI 2.0
> Advanced)

I think that it would also make sense to move from "Financial-grade API"
to using just the abbreviation "FAPI" in newer documents. "Financial"
has already become "Financial-grade" (for good reasons), and "API" has
shifted to "API Security Profile".

This way, we could preserve the brand "FAPI" while at the same time
taking the focus away from "financial" and "API".

What do you think?

-Daniel