[Openid-specs-fapi] Berlin Group/NextGenPSD2 is considering "Direct Mode"

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 07:04:10 UTC 2020

F.Y.I.

 From people close to the source I recently learned that banks participating in the NextGenPSD2 work, are considering (and some are even implementing), a "Direct Mode" targeted at enterprise applications.  This is quite logical since maintaining multiple APIs that do essentially the same thing is something you don't want.

This was interesting to hear for me who also have specified and implemented a "Direct Mode", albeit targeted at consumer applications [1].

If these variants could be COMBINED and in a way that only requires a "moderate" update of an Open Banking implemention, it could result in a major boost to Open Banking.

I don't expect this possible work-item to be carried out in the FAPI WG since the delieverable [presumably] would have rather little to do with OpenId/OAuth2.

If anybody out there is interested in an "Direct Mode Combo", please drop me line.

Thanx,
Anders

1] https://github.com/cyberphone/swedbank-psd2-saturn#swedbank-psd2saturn-interface