[Openid-specs-fapi] Industry Std: EMV+SEPA Inst+Open Banking

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:27:13 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-22 12:43, Joseph Heenan wrote:
> Hi Anders,

Hi Joseph,

> It actually looks to be exactly what we’ve explained to you a few times - it’s identical to the VRP (variable repeat payment) model, i.e. using OAuth2 for “enrolment”, and [as PSD2 law stands today] it requires a contractual arrangement with the bank.

In my take on the matter the issuing bank would be the only legitimate user of the Open Banking API (when accessed in the alternate mode).  In the consortia scheme "Card processing" would happen on the same (Gateway) layer and rely on the same legal framework as current direct-debit card transactions.
https://cyberphone.github.io/doc/payments/dual-mode-openbanking-api.pdf

> The new part introduced ('identity_token’) is unclear,

This is quite possible which is why I have hoped on other people looking into this.

> and probably could do with a different name to avoid any confusion with OIDC’s id_token.

I'm open to suggestions :)

Anders