[Openid-specs-fapi] Next step(s) for FAPI?

Ralph Bragg ralph.bragg at raidiam.com
Sun Sep 29 06:45:51 UTC 2019

All,

There was a meeting of the major standards bodies last week with ETSI coordinating. JWS detached and not detached will almost certainly be one of the agreed formats for AdES and subsequently message signing for PSD2.

When the minutes are published I’ll share.

Given that Cavage 11 includes the following.
WARNING: DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS SPECIFICATION AND PUSH THE CODE INTO
  PRODUCTION.  THIS VERSION OF THE SPECIFICATION IS ONLY FOR
  EXPERIMENTAL IMPLEMENTATIONS.

The Berlin group and others have had to explicitly reference version 10 to avoid using a a spec that says “don’t use this”. This doesn’t leave them a way forward with this draft. I expect that ETSI will look at the desirable properties of the Cavages draft and try and come up with something that has the same characteristics.

RB