[Openid-specs-fapi] Open Banking NG

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 15:49:05 UTC 2019

Hi FAPIers,

This picture from OBIE shows a payment scenario that is very far from Apple Pay:
https://standards.openbanking.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/4.1.1-Wireframe.png
Yeah, using various kinds of "workarounds and fixes" it can surely be improved, but will that really scale?

I have updated the "Dual-mode" Open Banking API proposal which if implemented should make Open Banking payments entirely "on par" with Apple Pay but with the added advantage that it builds on A2A (Account-to-Account) transactions which also is compliant with P2P (Person-to-Person) payments:
https://cyberphone.github.io/doc/payments/dual-mode-openbanking-api.pdf

To make the proposal more acceptable I have introduced an (optional) TTP role which (unlike PIS) is already known by payment professionals; the Payment Gateway.

WDYT?

Thanx,
Anders