[Openid-specs-fapi] Fwd: New specs for Hashlink and HTTP Signatures released

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Sun May 5 19:41:47 UTC 2019

F.Y.I

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From:Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019, 20:34
Subject: New specs for Hashlink and HTTP Signatures released
To: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials at w3.org>

Hi all,

New specs have been published for Hashlink:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sporny-hashlink-03

... and for HTTP Signatures:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cavage-http-signatures-11

Some highlights from the most recent specs:

HTTP Signatures
 * 25 implementations! (no, that is not a typo)
 * Used by PSD2, Berlin Group, and STeT (European banking standards)
 * Used for banking standards in Europe, OCAP-LD, HTTP-based DID Auth
   Secure Data Hub authz (spec on its way in Summer 2019)
 * We are putting together a test suite in order to do real interop
   testing for the 25 existing implementations.

Hashlink
 * We failed to specify that arbitrary metadata is possible, this
   version fixes that.
 * Added Security Considerations section wrt. DO NOT use MD5/SHA-1, etc.

These are a few of our building block specs for some of the technologies
being worked on by the CCG.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches