[Openid-specs-fapi] FAPI advice document

Joseph Heenan joseph at authlete.com
Thu Jul 4 13:15:42 UTC 2019

Hi all,

We’ve talked for a long time about providing some advice around FAPI, and it was something that came up again on the 3rd July call.

Given that more ecosystems are looking into FAPI, there is some urgency to ensure any lessons learned so far are easily found by others, and hence I’ve had a very quick go at starting such a document and covering a handful of the points we’ve previously discussed covering in such a document.

I’m happy for feedback in any form; I’ve arbitrarily made a range of decisions many of which may need to be revisited, but if I’m close enough to the mark I’d suggest adopting / merging this so it can be further refined and added to by the working group members.

The document can be viewed/commented on here:

https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/pull-requests/129/first-cut-of-an-advice-document/diff <https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/pull-requests/129/first-cut-of-an-advice-document/diff>

And there’s a more readable form viewable here:

https://bitbucket.org/josephheenan/fapi/src/edce6adee86b16f5fed2ef71ce8a86f4f01dc181/Financial_API_Deployment.md <https://bitbucket.org/josephheenan/fapi/src/edce6adee86b16f5fed2ef71ce8a86f4f01dc181/Financial_API_Deployment.md>

Thanks

Joseph