[Openid-specs-fapi] Public Client Support

n-sakimura n-sakimura at nri.co.jp
Mon Jan 7 03:06:15 UTC 2019

Dear Dave,

Thanks for hosting the call. The first three days of January is a big holiday in Japan, so anything work related completely slipped out from my head.

Now, I agree with the point stated. FAPI scope is much larger than PSD2 style applications. Even in the sphere of financial applications, there are a lot of first-party apps that are public clients, many of them are not in good shape from the security point of view. We want to give guidance to such apps.

Also, it would probably worth noting that for read-write, while we speak of “public client,” it really is not. It has something akin to per-client secret via such mechanism as token binding.

Cheers,

Nat Sakimura