[Openid-specs-fapi] ISO TC68 / SC9 / WG2 - Best way to reference FAPI spec

Dave Tonge dave.tonge at momentumft.co.uk
Fri May 25 14:54:56 UTC 2018

Hi all

There is currently work undergoing within ISO TC68 (the group at ISO
responsible for financial standards) to create a standard for financial
APIs.

>From a FAPI perspective I think we have the following options (Nat
mentioned that there may be a few more)

*1. We contribute the entire text of parts 1 and 2 and it is published as
part of a technical specification by ISO.*

Pros:
 - Many initiatives around the world are looking to ISO for guidance on the
development of standards based financial APIs. This isn't just in the PSD2
use case of access to accounts, but includes settlement, forex, corporate,
treasury, etc.

Cons:
 - There isn't necessarily the right expertise in TC68/SC9 to continue to
develop the standard
 - ISO isn't a "natural" home for a spec like this
 - OIDF is developing conformance tests for FAPI specs, it would be better
for the tests, certification and specs to live within them same body

*2. We work with SC9/WG2 to reference FAPI parts 1 and 2 rather than
include the whole text.*
To get this through the ISO process, it would be helpful if we could move
parts 1 and 2 past the draft stage to final specification before the ISO
work completes.

Pros:
 - OIDF is best home for this spec with the right expertise and the
conformance tests / certification process
 - We can continue to update the spec or add other parts

Cons:
 - Maybe doesn't lend quite the same authority to the spec by having it
referenced rather than included fully.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. We need to make a decision one way or
the other by the end of June.

Thank you

[image: Moneyhub Enterprise]
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fmoneyhubenterprise.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGUnR5opJv5S1uZOVg8aISwPKAv3A>
Moneyhub Financial Technology, 2nd Floor, Whitefriars Business Centre,
Lewins Mead, Bristol, BS1 2NT
t: +44 (0)117 280 5120

Moneyhub Enterprise is a trading style of Moneyhub Financial Technology
Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority ("FCA"). Moneyhub Financial Technology is entered on the
Financial Services Register (FRN 561538) at fca.org.uk/register.
Moneyhub Financial
Technology is registered in England & Wales, company registration number
06909772 © . Moneyhub Financial Technology Limited 2018. DISCLAIMER: This
email (including any attachments) is subject to copyright, and the
information in it is confidential. Use of this email or of any information
in it other than by the addressee is unauthorised and unlawful. Whilst
reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any attachments are virus-free,
it is the recipient's sole responsibility to scan all attachments for
viruses. All calls and emails to and from this company may be monitored and
recorded for legitimate purposes relating to this company's business. Any
opinions expressed in this email (or in any attachments) are those of the
author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Momentum Financial
Technology Limited or of any other group company.