[Openid-specs-fapi] (naming)

Authora Research authora.research at outlook.com
Wed May 16 18:26:16 UTC 2018

My 2 cents, if you take a step back and think about how the APIs will be used and conformant profiles will be certified in the future, you don't have to call the working group or charter exactly what the naming of the API will be, it is all derivative of OpenID Connect working groups + new APIs.

If one of the suite of APIs will be financial related data, then call that one F_API. If one will be health related data, call it H_API, and so on. Remembering that developers will be the audience for the applicability of the spec and API to their use cases for wide spread adoption in FinTech, for example.

With the existing logic on the OpenID Connect webpage, scroll down half way: http://openid.net/connect/

Finally, the OpenID Connect working group has started this new work:
*         OpenID Connect Profile for SCIM Services<http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-scim-profile-1_0.html> - (Optional) Defines how to use SCIM with OpenID Connect
*         OpenID Connect Federation<http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-federation-1_0.html> - (Optional) Defines how sets of OPs and RPs can establish trust by utilizing a Federation Operator

You could add:

  *   OpenID Connect Profile for F_API - (Optional) defines how to use the financial API with OpenID Connect to ....
  *   OpenID Connect Profile for H_API - (Optional) defined how to use the healthcare API with OpenID Connect to ....

Best,

Carla Roncato

Founder, Authora Research

Authora.Research at Outlook.com