[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #140: New name for FAPI (openid/fapi)

Nat Sakimura issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed May 2 04:12:28 UTC 2018

New issue 140: New name for FAPI
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/140/new-name-for-fapi

Nat Sakimura:

In March Board meeting, the board requested the name for FAPI to be generalized so that it will match the wider applicability of the security profiles.

This is a fair request but the catch is that the string 'fapi' is already used in the protocol parameters and we do not want to change it.

Thus we have a constrained name search: the new name should have an acronym that would result in **FAPI**.

This ticket collects some candidates on it.

Some of the initial ideas:

* Fully Assured Protection Interoperable
* Fair Assurance Protection Interface