[Openid-specs-fapi] OpenID support for smart tokens

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 06:00:13 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-20 15:28, Nat Sakimura via Openid-specs-fapi wrote:
> What are smart tokens exactly?
>
> Would something like AccountChooser/OpenYOLO help?

AccountChooser/OpenYOLO seems to be a server-centric way addressing federation issues.

Smart tokens (in my take NB) are rather client-centric solutions for dealing with federation where the combination of an Authentication key and URL (to the IdP) represent the core.  In addition to UX enhancement, such designs may also have "interesting" side effects as shown in this one page presentation: https://cyberphone.github.io/doc/payments/payment-decentralization-scheme-1a.pdf

Anders