[Openid-specs-fapi] FAPI Profile and openid scope value

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Tue Jul 31 06:46:51 UTC 2018

Is any of the Open Banking Banks using the sub that way? I‘m asking because there are several process and transaction ids involved, which can be used for tracking purposes. I don‘t see a real benefit in using the sub claim for that purpose. But it makes combining authorization use cases (such as payment initiation) and authentication use cases with a single client_id impossible. That’s a serious limitation.

Moreover, the authentication policy in authorization scenarios is up to the AS. I don’t see why the client should control as it is the AS who needs to ensure proper protection of the users resources.