[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #134: Should we define a discovery metadata for request object endpoint (openid/fapi)

Joseph Heenan issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Feb 8 02:35:12 UTC 2018

New issue 134: Should we define a discovery metadata for request object endpoint
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/134/should-we-define-a-discovery-metadata-for

Joseph Heenan:

Part 2 mentions the request object endpoint in section 7, however it's unclear how clients discover a server's request object endpoint, or whether or not the server has one.

Should (can?) FAPI define a new entry in the provider meta data to hold the url for this endpoint, like the others in https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html#ProviderMetadata

The current language in the spec seems a little unclear to me too - is a FAPI part 2 compliant AS **required** to provide a request object endpoint?