[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #197: New Document Proposal: FAPI Implementation Guide (openid/fapi)

Dave Tonge issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Dec 19 13:06:04 UTC 2018

New issue 197: New Document Proposal: FAPI Implementation Guide
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/197/new-document-proposal-fapi-implementation

Dave Tonge:

As mentioned previously I think that we should have a new document that provides a set of implementation guidelines for implementers of financial APIs.

This WG has a wealth of knowledge about what to do (and what not to do) when implementation financial APIs. Some of that knowledge doesn't fit in a standard spec but I believe that it should be captured.

I propose that we start a new document to document some of this knowledge, examples could include:

 - Payments, why these must be 2-stage and not 1-stage
 - Scopes vs lodging intent, the different methods available
 - Certificates, issues and best practice