[Openid-specs-fapi] Identifiers, CIBA & Privacy

Brian Campbell bcampbell at pingidentity.com
Wed Dec 5 18:06:13 UTC 2018

Hey Dave,

I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the details of 'Ephemeral
identifier generated by OP - transferred from CD to AD' case. Specifically,
in this kind of case where the CD obtains an ephemeral identifier from the
OP, why does it need to be transferred from CD to AD? Wouldn't the
ephemeral identifier just be sent in the authn request from CD to OP and
then the OP figures out the user and AD from it?

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:50 AM Dave Tonge via Openid-specs-fapi <

> Dear WG
>
> As discussed on the call, please see this issue in the MODRNA repo:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/openid/mobile/issues/124/privacy-considerations-and-identifiers
>
> It is a proposal to add into the privacy considerations some examples of
> different methods in which a Relying Party can obtain an identifier for an
> end-user that don't require the end-user to give up a static identifier
> such as a phone number or email address. Some of these ideas were the
> result of discussions in the FAPI WG as to the use of CIBA in a PSD2
> context.
>
> I'd be grateful if WG members could review and provide any feedback over
> the next couple of days.
>
> --
> Dave Tonge
> CTO
> [image: Moneyhub Enterprise]
> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fmoneyhubenterprise.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGUnR5opJv5S1uZOVg8aISwPKAv3A>
> Moneyhub Financial Technology, 5th Floor, 10 Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6FL
> t: +44 (0)117 280 5120
>
> Moneyhub Enterprise is a trading style of Moneyhub Financial Technology
> Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
> Authority ("FCA"). Moneyhub Financial Technology is entered on the
> Financial Services Register (FRN 809360) at fca.org.uk/register. Moneyhub Financial
> Technology is registered in England & Wales, company registration number
> 06909772 .
> Moneyhub Financial Technology Limited 2018 ©
>
> DISCLAIMER: This email (including any attachments) is subject to
> copyright, and the information in it is confidential. Use of this email or
> of any information in it other than by the addressee is unauthorised and
> unlawful. Whilst reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any attachments
> are virus-free, it is the recipient's sole responsibility to scan all
> attachments for viruses. All calls and emails to and from this company may
> be monitored and recorded for legitimate purposes relating to this
> company's business. Any opinions expressed in this email (or in any
> attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the
> opinions of Moneyhub Financial Technology Limited or of any other group
> company.

computer. Thank you._