[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #170: Remove Public Client Support (openid/fapi)

Dave Tonge issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Aug 31 06:47:10 UTC 2018

New issue 170: Remove Public Client Support
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/170/remove-public-client-support

Dave Tonge:

We discussed removing public client support for part 2 in: https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/158/fapi-part-2-request-object-for-public

I think we should consider removing it in part 1 as well. At the very least this clause will need to be removed or updated as its not that clear:

1. shall support [RFC7636] or the mechanisms defined in [Financial-grade API - Part 2](Financial_API_WD_002.md);

In addition I suggest that we have a clause recommending the dynamic registration of confidential clients for the "mobile app" use case.