[Openid-specs-fapi] JWT Secured Authorization Response Mode (#155)

Brian Campbell bcampbell at pingidentity.com
Fri Aug 17 13:24:05 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 7:03 AM Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten at lodderstedt.net>
wrote:

> > Am 15.08.2018 um 21:44 schrieb Brian Campbell <
> bcampbell at pingidentity.com>:
> >
> > 4.3 Processing Rules has "(OPTIONAL) The JWT is decrypted using the key
> material registered with the expected issuer of the response."
> >
> > But isn't decryption done with the client's own private key?
>
> Sure. What I wanted to say is the client should use its private key
> registered for that purpose with the AS (also fits your comment on client
> metadata parameters).

Yeah, that. The AS has the client's public key(s) marked with a "use":"enc"
via the client's metadata jwks or jwks_uri. And the client has the private
part in a private place.

Very similar to
http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html#Encryption and
http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html#RotateEncKeys in many