[Openid-specs-fapi] Renaming FAPI

Sarah Squire sarah at engageidentity.com
Tue Apr 10 15:30:40 UTC 2018

Hey Folks,

At the last OpenID Foundation Board meeting, the board agreed that since
FAPI is not limited to the financial sector and does not proscribe API
designs, it should be renamed.

The fundamental thing that differentiates the OpenID Foundation's OpenAPI
working groups is that they focus on consumer-facing ecosystems as opposed
to enterprise, so we could focus it in that direction.

Instead of saying API, we could say something like resource or protected
resource.

How about

Consumer Resource Protection (CRP)

Delegated Resource Access for Consumer-facing Operators (DRACO)

Delegated Protection of Consumer Resources (DPCR)

Thoughts?

Sarah

PS I work for Ping Identity. Sending this from an old email address because
of IPR/mailing list issues.