[Openid-specs-fapi] April 3 Meeting Notes are available now

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:53:48 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-04 01:39, Nat Sakimura via Openid-specs-fapi wrote:
> The meeting notes are available at
> https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/wiki/FAPI_Meeting_Notes_2018-04-03

   "3.1.   #135 Confidential client needs a strong identity for the user
           to verify real world entity

    It was discussed that it would be very important for the Banks to
    show who is asking for the money. The client needs to be identity
    proofed strongly and then authenticated strongly so that its identity
    can be shown to the user before the user gives consent"

It is not very clear to me what is asked for here and when.
Is it about identification/authentication of the Merchant to the user as well as to the bank?

AFAICT, this is performed by the PISP/TTP.
There are other ways dealing with this issue but they tend to limit the PISP "value proposition".

Anders