[Openid-specs-fapi] FW: FAPI question - FS-ISAC / FAPI Security Model Convergence Proposal

Nat Sakimura nat at sakimura.org
Tue Sep 5 23:57:50 UTC 2017

Forwarding this to the FAPI list on behalf of Anoop

*From: *"Mahalaha, Anil" <anil.mahalaha at fmr.com>
*Date: *Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 2:01 PM
*To: *Anoop Saxena <Anoop_Saxena at intuit.com>, "Stephens, Clint" <
clint.stephens at citi.com>
*Cc: *"Cardinal, Don" <don.cardinal at bankofamerica.com>, "Chetuparambil,
Madhu" <Madhu_Chetuparambil at intuit.com>
*Subject: *RE: FAPI question - FS-ISAC / FAPI Security Model Convergence
Proposal

Anoop,

My thoughts on the API part of FAPI

FAPI should make reference to DDA for API definition. Protocol (Get, Post),
Headers, RESTful API design, Resource names, etc. Given that FAPI is not
defining schema in their specifications they can just point out that schema
outlined in the DDA is for US only and serves as guidance to other Regions
wishing to define their own schemas. The benefit of FAPI pointing to DDA is
that it will reduce confusion for US adopters and enable other Regions to
leverage API definition work being done in the US. In the future if other
Regions standardize on their own schemas then we can include them in the
DDA Specifications and propose identifying the region in the URL path.

e.g.

https://dda.domain.com/myco/*amer*/accountsdetails/1.0

https://dda.domain.com/myco/*emea*/accountsdetails/1.0

https://dda.domain.com/myco/*apac*/accountsdetails/1.0