[Openid-specs-fapi] Editorial improvements to Part 1 and Part 2 specs posted

Nat Sakimura nat at sakimura.org
Tue Nov 21 02:29:23 UTC 2017

Actually, you do. The way you need to edit them is not on the web. It
will not allow us to do the proper vetting then. What you need to do is
to fork the project, edit it, and then send a pull request. For each
commit, you also need to do one the following:

	* Create an issue in the issue tracker, then make the changes to
resolve them. e.g.,
issue:
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/98/move-note-regarding-urn-from-73-to-71
commit: https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/commits/d9f2acd5e109

They are linked so you can see what was the reason for the change and
what was the change from both directions.

 	* Write a full reason for the commit. e.g.,
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/commits/ed77707482cdfc872b9b78d27c79084804c3954c

Also, one commit should only deal with one issue.

These are the general rule for using this kind of version tracking
system. It is rather important to adhere to these rules for the purpose
of the transparency and auditability so please adhere to them though it
may look a bit tiresome.

Best,

---
Nat Sakimura
Research Fellow, Nomura Research Institute

On 2017-11-21 09:12, Authora Research via Openid-specs-fapi wrote:

> I am happy to make further edits as needed but I no longer have permission
>
> Get Outlook for Android [1]
> -------------------------
>
> FROM: Openid-specs-fapi <openid-specs-fapi-bounces at lists.openid.net> on behalf of Mike Jones via Openid-specs-fapi <openid-specs-fapi at lists.openid.net>
> SENT: Monday, November 20, 2017 3:46:30 PM
> TO: Financial API Working Group List
> CC: Mike Jones
> SUBJECT: Re: [Openid-specs-fapi] Editorial improvements to Part 1 and Part 2 specs posted
>
> It was my fault for not posting then-current drafts that Edmund gave me over a month ago in a timely fashion. Apologies. When the working group is ready to post -05 drafts, I'll be sure to do so promptly.
>
> -- Mike
>
> FROM: Openid-specs-fapi [mailto:openid-specs-fapi-bounces at lists.openid.net] ON BEHALF OF Nat Sakimura via Openid-specs-fapi
> SENT: Monday, November 20, 2017 7:36 AM
> TO: Financial API Working Group List <openid-specs-fapi at lists.openid.net>
> CC: Nat Sakimura <nat at sakimura.org>
> SUBJECT: Re: [Openid-specs-fapi] Editorial improvements to Part 1 and Part 2 specs posted
>
> Yes, it is surprising, and it will be replaced pretty soon.
>
> Get Outlook for Android [1]
>
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 9:42 PM +0900, "Joseph Heenan via Openid-specs-fapi" <openid-specs-fapi at lists.openid.net> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> It was slightly surprising to me that these new drafts seem to be based off versions of Part 1 & Part 2 from 13th September (looks like git sha b4c99ad), rather than the latest version (last updated 11th Oct). I'm not sure if that was deliberate?
>
> For reference that seems to mean these changes weren't included:
>
> ebe4f4c Fixed spelling for Axel's last name
>
> 0a57e82 Part 1 & 2: Cleanup TLS requirements
>
> 194f945 Part 1: Change 'supply' to 'send' for consistency
>
> ed77707 Part 2: Cleanup wording in 5.2.4 Confidential Client
>
> 3dc4107 Part 2: Tidy up wording around request object
>
> (I think that means we'll need to revisit 'Part 1 & 2: Cleanup TLS requirements', as it renumbered some clauses on the grounds the previous numbering hadn't ever been published, and unfortunately the previous numbering has now been published in these new working drafts.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph
>
> On 17 Nov 2017, at 08:26, Mike Jones via Openid-specs-fapi <openid-specs-fapi at lists.openid.net> wrote:
>
> I have posted the -04 versions of the Part 1 and Part 2 specs containing the editorial improvements made by Carla Roncato to the official OpenID specs location. The HTML versions are at:
>
> * http://openid.net/specs/openid-financial-api-part-1-wd-04.html [2]
> * http://openid.net/specs/openid-financial-api-part-2-wd-04.html [3]
>
> The current versions (which currently are the -04 versions) are posted at:
>
> * http://openid.net/specs/openid-financial-api-part-1.html [4]
> [...]

Links:
------
[1] https://aka.ms/ghei36