[Openid-specs-fapi] FAPI support for Bookings, Reservations, Etc. ?

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 06:27:51 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-12 04:14, Tom Jones wrote:
> i am not sure about the eu, but in the us the ach payment method is not constrained by any dollar limit.
> ANSI X9.59 addressed limits and user consent. AFAICT there is no protection for users in UK open banking or FAPI.
> It's all banks all the way down.
> Now if we could find a way to make it a claim, then OpenID can handle it.

I'm not sure that this is really what I'm asking for, it is rather a comment/reaction to my somewhat heretic claim that "Banking" and "Consumer Payments" are quite different and probably do not gain by being dealt by a generic payment initiation API and associated security model.

A "visual" of that could be taking a peek at these URL's
https://www.openbanking.org.uk/read-write-apis/payment-initiation-api/v1-1-0/#usage-examples-merchant
https://cyberphone.github.io/doc/saturn/saturn-authorization.pdf
which address the same use case.

As far as I can tell there is no wallet concept in the FAPI, STET or OpenBanking schemes, whereas the Saturn architecture does away with the PISP altogether since it doesn't depend on direct account access (Banking <<>> Consumer Payments).

> Peace ..tom

Cheers,
Anders