[Openid-specs-fapi] OIX opening a bank account - not clear if his is news or not

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 06:43:33 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-24 01:41, Tom Jones via Openid-specs-fapi wrote:

Tom, I could not find anything without becoming a LinkedIn OIX group member.

Is this the paper you are referring to?
http://oixuk.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Pre-Discovery-Market-Intelligence-master-copy-2.pdf

Anyway, global identity is a thing that never moves because there's essentially no consensus on anything.

In France they talk about eID and eIDAS but they don't even have an identity concept.
So logging in to French e-government services is a true nightmare.

Sweden is the opposite by building on a citizen ID concept.  Many people claim that Sweden's system is very bad giving the government the power to correlate [*] data between different departments.

What this lot tend to forget is that nowadays you get essentially nowhere without a GUID in the form of a mobile phone number or e-mail address.

Voila!  We (for good or for worse), already have a firmly established global identity concept!

Happy X-mas
Anders

*] If you to this add some "AI", governments have all the means needed for cross-correlation making this topic a purely legal issue.  Today there are way more powerful threats against privacy than IDs, including
- Surveillance cameras using face recognition
- DNA
- Mobile phone network logging
- Social media
- Electronic journals at hospitals
but most of all that information is available by pushing a button.