[Openid-specs-fapi] Re figo API (was Re: AW: (Correction) Friendly reminder and agenda for Sept. 14 Call)

Nat Sakimura nat at sakimura.org
Wed Sep 14 11:27:14 UTC 2016

Hi Anton,

Yes, with my cursory look, it is pretty close in some sense -- though
they need to lock down the OAuth security more, besides they are mixing
up OAuth 2 Authorization with Authentication to start with. What I have
written in the WD1 clause 5 and 6 is pretty much the minimum requirement
when the client wants to support multiple authorization servers. I
cannot see them in the figo documentation. Assumption might be that they
are the aggregator and the clients only talks to them. Even then,
depending on the environment that the client is in, using RFC7636 etc.
would be advisable.

Also, DDA apparently is much richer and complete in the supported
products sense.
With figo API, I am not sure how to support futures, options, etc.
Also, I cannot readily see how to express tax efficient investment plans
but it may be hiding behind.

Another shortcoming that I see in figo is that they do not seem to have
Open Data for Banks, e.g., ATM location, products information, etc. We
need them as per required by the UK Open Banking Standard.

But then, I have just looked at if for couple of minutes. I need more
time to study them.

Thanks for the info. Would you like to add this to today's agenda?

Best,

Nat