[Openid-specs-fapi] Update on the UK Open Banking Implementation Entity (IE)

Dave Tonge dave.tonge at momentumft.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 14:20:48 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Here is an update on the UK Open Banking Implementation Entity (apologies
for the delay):

   - The IE has grown rapidly over the last 2 months and now has ~60 full
   time staff
   - The IE is explicitly seeking to aid with PSD2 implementation in the UK
   - I have been attending the data workstream which has been concentrating
   on "Open Data" - i.e. ATM / Branch / Product data
   - Within the IE there is a strong focus on using ISO20022 data fields
   and definitions
   - The IE is still working out its governance processes - I've been
   pushing for a more open model, but currently a lot happens behind closed
   doors
   - HSBC (one of the 9 banks involved with the IE) has launched their beta
   API for open data: https://developer.hsbc.com/swagger-index.html
   - There is a desire to use open standards, however, I currently haven't
   had a chance to review or contribute to any discussions around security
   - High-level timelines and planned architecture are in the attached
   slides

>From a FAPI WG point of view the progress to date is mixed. I am unhappy
that the process is currently very closed and led by the 9 banks. On the
other hand there is a strong desire to use open standards. I am hopeful
that I will be able to attend the security workstream and will be able to
promote the emerging FAPI drafts.

I will be on the call today if anyone would like any further information.
Alternatively please reply this email and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks

--
Dave Tonge
CTO

Momentum Financial Technology Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority (Register number 561538). Registered in England
& Wales, company registration number 06909772. DISCLAIMER: This email
(including any attachments) is subject to copyright, and the information in
it is confidential. Use of this email or of any information in it other
than by the addressee is unauthorised and unlawful. Whilst reasonable
efforts are made to ensure that any attachments are virus-free, it is the
recipient's sole responsibility to scan all attachments for viruses. All
calls and emails to and from this company may be monitored and recorded for
legitimate purposes relating to this company's business. Any opinions
expressed in this email (or in any attachments) are those of the author and
do not necessarily represent the opinions of Momentum Financial Technology
Ltd or of any other group company.