[Openid-specs-fapi] How do I find AccountID to use in transfer?

Nat Sakimura nat at sakimura.org
Tue Aug 2 20:14:53 UTC 2016

Hi Anoop,

Reading DDA, I was wondering about this.

When I want to transfer money from one account to another, I seem to
need FromAccountID and ToAccountID. How can I find the AccountID? Is it
the Access Token or Refresh Token?

Do I need a permission of the Account Owner to send money to his
account?
How do I get the AccountID that represents the other person's account?

In Japan, typically, a sender needs to specify:

* BankID
* BranchID
* AccountType
* AccountNumber
* AccountName in Katakana

(These probably varies depending on countries.)

Then, the sending bank makes a request to receiving bank to verify that
these details matches and creates a transfer object with the amount
entered by the user and the user's withdrawal account details. The user
must specify from which account the money should be withdrawn.

This transfer object is then shown to the user, and the user commits to
it.

>From an API point of view, there would be an accountInfo object such as

accountInfo
 BankID
 BranchID
 AccountType
 AccountNumber
 AccountNameKana

as JSON which is sent to accountID endpoint of the BankID that returns
accountID, perhaps unique to the transaction. This endpoint would be a
protected resource, and would probably requires the access token issued
to the originating bank or the payment initiating service.

Then, it does the same for the account that the money is withdrawn.

Then, the resulting transfer object would become:

{
TransferId:
FromAccountId:
ToAccountId:
Amount:
Memo:
PaymentDetails {
 PrincipalAmount:
 FeesAmount:
 }
}

Another question about the AccountID is that it may not be globally
unique unless there is an issuer component to it. How is it being
managed?

Also, for the transfer object, it feels much better to explicitly
stating the FromAccount currency. (I read that "Amount" is expressed in
FromAccountID currency. )

Best,

Nat Sakimura