[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Issue #1239: country in address claim (openid/ekyc-ida)

tlodderstedt issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sat Mar 13 12:17:32 UTC 2021

New issue 1239: country in address claim
https://bitbucket.org/openid/ekyc-ida/issues/1239/country-in-address-claim

Torsten Lodderstedt:

OIDC defines the address claim’s country field as “Country name component.“

We see the need to use an ISO country code instead of a name \(like we do for place\_of\_birth”\), e.g. for multi language support. and use the address claim this way. However, this does not match the OIDC definition.

I think the best way would be to define a new address claim suiting the needs of eKYC, e.g. postal\_address.