[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] eID onsite reading

Axel.Nennker at telekom.de Axel.Nennker at telekom.de
Thu Nov 26 15:34:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

in Germany there is a method for electronically reading the eID (idcard) and the resident permit (de_erp) using a number (CAN) printed on the front of the document.
The German word for this method is “Vorortauslesen”.
https://www.bsi-fuer-buerger.de/BSIFB/DE/DigitaleGesellschaft/DerStaatOnline/Personalausweis/VorOrtAuslesen/VorOrtAuslesen_node.html

Agencies who want to offer this onsite reading need to apply for a certificate to be able to use this method.

I think this method is missing here:
https://bitbucket.org/openid/ekyc-ida/wiki/identifiers#markdown-header-verification-methods

Whether the agent has to perform other checks e.g. whether the picture matches the person presenting the document is outside the scope of this method.

I suggest to add this method to our list of supported methods

Kind regards
Axel

Hi Sascha!