[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Meaning of "claims sub-element is empty"

Takahiko Kawasaki taka at authlete.com
Sun May 31 03:18:00 UTC 2020

Hello,

I guess that this has already been discussed (I'm sorry I've not watched
the mailing list recently), but allow me to ask the following question.

Question: "5.1.1. Error Handling" says "If the claims sub-element is empty,
the OP MUST abort the transaction with an invalid_request error". Does the
"empty" mean both "null" and "{}"?

In the ID1, (1) "claims":null and (2) "claims":{} had different meanings.
The former meant "all possible claims", and the latter was handled as an
error. On the other hand, the ID2 dropped the special meaning of (1). I
want to know whether "claims":null (and missing "claims") should be treated
as an error or should be silently ignored.

Best Regards,
Takahiko Kawasaki