[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Claims Naming (ICAO/place_of_birth)

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Tue Mar 17 11:34:37 UTC 2020

Hi all,

here is my resolution proposal for #1119 & 1159:
	• place_of_birth: to be consistent from a RPs perspective, we either need to change birthdate to date_of_birth or place_of_birth to birthplace. Given birthdate is in the market for quite some time, using birthplace seems to be the reasonable choice. This is inline with the feedback in https://bitbucket.org/openid/ekyc-ida/issues/1119/place_of_birth-birthplace
	• given_name, family_name and middle_name: replacing this by Primary Identifier and Secondary Identifier seems too drastic and not necessary given the current claims can be used to represent names across countries. It seems the claim “name” could be useful in some countries.
	• salutation, title: I would stick to the more fine grain representation then adding this to the secondary identifier/given_name
	• gender: value range should be extended to cover unspecified/X as well.
	• nationalities: I think we should align with ICAO and change this to nationality (again). I cannot imagine a case where an OP would attest multiple nationalities in the same verified_claims element. I think an OP would have multiple verified_claims objects for different nationalities, since it would need to check different evidence.
‌
Please give your feedback. I will also put this on the agenda for tomorrow.

Best regards,
Torsten.