[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] [EXTERNAL] Issue #1185: Just requesting minimum set of claims for each Userinfo EP requests (Data minimization) (openid/ekyc-ida)

Ivan Kanakarakis ivan.kanak+openid_ekyc_ida at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:53:56 UTC 2020

Hello all,

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 11:29, Joseph Heenan via Openid-specs-ekyc-ida
<openid-specs-ekyc-ida at lists.openid.net> wrote:

> This would introduce quite a bit of complexity on both sides though, to some extent it seems simpler to just return all the data and let the RP figure out how to deal with what has changed or has been removed.

I cannot agree more. I do not see any real reason why returning all
the attributes again would be a "bad thing". I'm feeling more like
what has been described is trying to work around a problem that the RP
should be solving.
The server is not responsible for the client's state.
If someone actually needs this, one can extend the protocol and define
a new endpoint for this reason. I do not think this special behaviour
should be done on an existing well-defined endpoint.
In addition, I do not think this is in the scope of this
specification. It may be _related_ but I do not see it as a core/vital
part of this work.

Cheers,

---
Ivan Kanakarakis