[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Data minimization in the previously granted clasims access

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Wed Mar 11 07:42:47 UTC 2020

Hi Nat,

we haven’t discussed this feature yet.

I think it makes sense to have that feature, especially if the RP obtained the authorization to access the user’s claims over a long time. I would assume an interesting use case would be to gather a larger set of data in the first request and update a sub set in subsequent transactions.

The use case you illustrated, on the other hand, I think, could raise interesting questions regarding data minimisation itself. Why should the RP ask for a broader data set than it needs for the use case at hand?

We can discuss in the call today.

best regards,
Torsten.