[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] place_of_birth vs. birthplace

Wesley Dunnington wesleydunnington at pingidentity.com
Wed Feb 19 16:24:52 UTC 2020

Irrespective of the final decision on the place_of_birth vs birthplace
claim, the schema will change at some point. I would advocate that we add a
version identifier to the schema for the 09 version of the spec so we can
be prepared for the future.

Wes

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 11:20 AM Torsten Lodderstedt via
Openid-specs-ekyc-ida <openid-specs-ekyc-ida at lists.openid.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we haven an open ticket (
> https://bitbucket.org/openid/ekyc-ida/issues/1119/place_of_birth-birthplace)
> and an open PR (https://bitbucket.org/openid/ekyc-ida/pull-requests/3) to
> change the name of the claim place_of_birth to birthplace.
>
> From the discussions in the recent WG calls I perceive a tendency to not
> do this change for the following reasons:
>
> - it’s a breaking change. Given there are real implementations of OIDC4IDA
> out in the wild, this will require really compelling reasons and a concept
> for version management (which we do not have now).
> - A comparison with the terminology used by ICAO 93.3 (part 3) - basis for
> representation of data at/in official travel documents - revealed that ICAO
> uses place of birth.
>
> I would like to get your opinion on how to proceed.
>
> What do you think? Shall we (1) close the ticket and PR OR shall we (2)
> perform the change.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Torsten.

<https://www.pingidentity.com>[image: Ping Identity]
<https://www.pingidentity.com>
Wesley Dunnington
Field CTO East Region
wesleydunnington at pingidentity.com

c: 508-254-5475
Connect with us: [image: Glassdoor logo]
<https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Ping-Identity-EI_IE380907.11,24.htm>
[image:
LinkedIn logo] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/21870> [image: twitter
logo] <https://twitter.com/pingidentity> [image: facebook logo]
<https://www.facebook.com/pingidentitypage> [image: youtube logo]
<https://www.youtube.com/user/PingIdentityTV> [image: Blog logo]
<https://www.pingidentity.com/en/blog.html>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.pingidentity.com/content/dam/ping-6-2-assets/Assets/faqs/en/consumer-attitudes-post-breach-era-3375.pdf?id%3Db6322a80-f285-11e3-ac10-0800200c9a66&source=gmail&ust=1541693608526000&usg=AFQjCNGBl5cPHCUAVKGZ_NnpuFj5PHGSUQ>
<https://www.pingidentity.com/en/events/d/identify-2019.html>
<https://www.pingidentity.com/content/dam/ping-6-2-assets/Assets/Misc/en/3464-consumersurvey-execsummary.pdf>
<https://www.pingidentity.com/en/events/e/rsa.html>
<https://www.pingidentity.com/en/events/e/rsa.html>