[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Issue #1168: Method names and documents in jp_mpiupa (openid/ekyc-ida)
issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sun Feb 9 14:57:58 UTC 2020
New issue 1168: Method names and documents in jp_mpiupa
Japanese [Act on Identification, etc. by Mobile Voice Communications Carriers of their Subscribers, etc. and for Prevention of Improper Use of Mobile Voice Communications Services](http://www.japaneselawtranslation.go.jp/law/detail/?re=02&dn=1&x=0&y=0&co=1&ia=03&ja=04&yo=&gn=&sy=&ht=&no=&bu=&ta=&ky=ordinance+subscriber&page=6) and according Ordinance defines the valid methods and documents in the following manner.
We need to match which are already in the [11.2.](https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-4-identity-assurance-1_0-ID1.html#rfc.section.11.2) [Identity Documents](https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-4-identity-assurance-1_0-ID1.html#predefined_values_idd) and which are not and required to be added. The methods should be considered together with issue #1158.
1. Japanese drivers license, Japanese residency card, Japanese special residency card for foreigners to permit permanently resident, Japanese national id card or Passport with the name and birthdate of said applicant are stated.
2. Proof of insurance for national health insurance, health insurance, mariners' insurance, or insurance for people aged 75 or older or for long-term care, a specially-insured day laborer certificate book for health insurance, a membership card for a National Public Servants Mutual Aid Association or Local Public Servants Mutual Aid Association or a membership card for a Private School Personnel Mutual Aid Program or Medical Certificate for Self-Defense official with the name, address and birthdate of said applicant are stated.
3. proof of national pension, a child-care allowance certificate, a special child-rearing allowance certificate, a mother and child health booklet, a physical disability certificate, mental disability certificate, medical treatment and education handbook, or a war injury or illness certificate with the name, address and birthdate of said applicant are stated.
4. a seal registration certificate, a transcript or extract of the family register or a copy of a residence certificate \(meaning a document by which the head of a local public entity certifies a person's residence, name, and other matters entered in the basic residential registry\)
5. other than all of the above, either one or more of the documents issued or provided by a government and public office or what is equivalent thereto, in which the name, address and birthdate of said applicant are stated, and **that bear the photograph of said applicant**
6. other than all of the above, either one or more of the documents issued or provided by a government and public office or what is equivalent thereto, in which the name, address and birthdate of said applicant are stated
7. all of the above or equivalent documents issued by a foreign government recognized by the Japanese Government or any authorized international organization **for foreigners** except those staying in Japan but not the members of the United States armed forces, the civilians in the employ thereof, and the dependents thereof provided for in Article 1 of the "Agreement under Article VI of the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between Japan and the United States of America Regarding Facilities and Areas and the Status of United States Armed Forces in Japan"
1. Physical In-Person Proofing \(without registered mail\)
- all the documents above except 4 or 6, however, document 5 is applicable only when no multiple issuance of that document happens
2. Physical In-Person Proofing and registered mail
- documents 4 or 6
3. Mailed documents and registered mail
- documents 2, 6 or 7, except those no multiple issuance of that document happens
4. Mailed copy of documents and registered mail
- all the documents above
5. by the method of postal mail to be received only by the person him/herself and the name and marks and number of the document used to proof \(when the accruement of those is permitted by law\) and birthdate of said applicant, the name of the person conducted the proof and the date the proof is conducted \(or “**ID confirmation delivery service**” by Japan Post\)
- \(the applicable documents are specified separately by Japan Post : [https://www.post.japanpost.jp/service/fuka\_service/honnin/ichiran.html](https://www.post.japanpost.jp/service/fuka_service/honnin/ichiran.html) \)
6. by transmitting the information for which an electronic signature has been performed
Referenece in Japanse:
More information about the Openid-specs-ekyc-ida