<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang="EN-US" link="#0563C1" vlink="#954F72" style="word-wrap:break-word">
<div class="WordSection1">
<p class="MsoNormal">Spec Call Notes 28-Jan-21<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Mike Jones<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Nat Sakimura<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Kristina Yasuda<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Bjorn Hjelm<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Tom Jones<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Oliver Terbu<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Joseph Heenan<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">John Bradley<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Brian Campbell<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">External Organizations<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              DIF F2F recording and highlights<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           <a href="https://medium.com/decentralized-identity/dif-face-to-face-jan-2021-highlights-89e78cb80f54">
https://medium.com/decentralized-identity/dif-face-to-face-jan-2021-highlights-89e78cb80f54</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">MODRNA Update<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Bjorn updated us on the MODRNA working group<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Completed Implementer's Draft of User Questioning API<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Getting ready for Implementer's Draft of MODRNA CIBA Profile<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           The WG has the CIBA Core spec<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           The MODRNA CIBA Profile contains features originally in the FAPI Core spec<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Considering certification<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Orange is looking at developing tests<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              GSMA is still discussing where they will be doing their specification work in the future<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Some are advocating that the MODRNA WG be the spec development body for Mobile Connect<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              There's been discussions about the Account Porting spec<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           It was written at a high level to accommodate multiple use cases<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           It has been deployed by the US ZenKey collaboration of mobile operators (<a href="https://myzenkey.com/">https://myzenkey.com/</a>)<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           In ZenKey, all the parties are known<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           The MODRNA WG could create a MODRNA profile of Account Porting<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Kristina said that those working on portable identifiers are also looking at the Account Porting spec<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Certification Update<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Joseph gave an update on the Certification program<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              The certification page <a href="https://openid.net/certification/">
https://openid.net/certification/</a> was reorganized to use separate tabs for each group of profiles<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              The certification team is mostly working on FAPI updates<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Including revising the tests to match the approved final FAPI 1.0 specs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              We're working on moving the certification data to a database<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Enabling customized displays based on queries<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              A few new tests have been added<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           One is testing that private_key_jwt certifications have the "sub" claim<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              We launched the Australian profile of the FAPI tests for Consumer Data Rights (CDR)<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           We're hopeful that they'll mandate both OP and RP certification<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           We received the first Australian bank certification this week<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              We launched tests for Pushed Authentication Tests (PAR)<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           This is used by the Australian profile<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">DID SIOP V2 Parameters<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Kristina led a review of request and response parameters<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><a href="https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/src/de2c744a3dec11ef2e08300e3823ad10276df905/openid-connect-self-issued-v2-1_0.md">https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/src/de2c744a3dec11ef2e08300e3823ad10276df905/openid-connect-self-issued-v2-1_0.md</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Request Parameters<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Like the V1 SIOP flow, no redirect_uri is included<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           registration_uri added<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           request_uri added<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                         Use of "request" or "request_uri" is REQUIRED<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Response ID Token Claims<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           "sub" is required<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           "sub_jwk" is required<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           "iss" remains <a href="https://self-issued.me/">
https://self-issued.me/</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                         This could become <a href="https://self-issued.me/v2">
https://self-issued.me/v2</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           There's a question on whether we want to keep the JWK Thumbprint option<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           "vp" claim is optional<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Registration Parameters<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           "authorization_endpoint" added<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           "sub_typ_sup" added<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Registration Errors<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           New error responses are defined<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              ID Token Validation<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           When DIDs are used, you do DID resolution and obtain the keys from the DID document<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Validation steps 3, 4, and 5 are new/updated<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              No objections were voiced but no proposed refinements were voiced either<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Mike asked whether we could get some feedback from implementers<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           We should ask for implementer feedback on the Pacific-friendly calls as well<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Kristina asked Oliver his opinion of the layering of the draft<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Oliver liked the use of the "vp" claim<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Oliver said that Verifiable Credentials have both external and embedded proofs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                         The "vp" claim is used for external proofs - JWT-based proofs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                         He said that embedded proofs have a different format<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                                       Some using Linked Data signatures<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                                       Some using zero knowledge proofs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                                       These don't use the "vp" and "vc" claims<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Oliver said he wants to think about it some more<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Board Election is Open<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><a href="https://openid.net/foundation/members/elections/46">https://openid.net/foundation/members/elections/46</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Please participate<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Open Issues<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              <a href="https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues">
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              There are no new issues<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Next Call<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              The next call is on Monday, February 1st, 2021 at 3pm Pacific Time<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>