[Openid-specs-ab] Spec Call Notes 16-Jul-20

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 16 14:57:51 UTC 2020

Spec Call Notes 16-Jul-20

Mike Jones
George Fletcher
Joseph Heenan
Tom Jones
Tim Cappalli
Brian Campbell
John Bradley
Bjorn Hjelm

Events
              Second SIOP Virtual Meetup in a Pacific-friendly timeslot
                           4-6pm Pacific Time on Monday, July 27th
                           https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/siop-virtual-meetup-2-tickets-113754506792
              OAuth Security Workshop
                           Next week, including an OIDF workshop on Tuesday
                           https://barcamptools.eu/oauth-security-workshop-2020/events

Certification
              Joseph reported on the status of the certification migration
                            https://openid.net/certification/migration/
              Missing 3rd Party-Initiated Login Tests for RPs
                           Joseph to write
              Joseph has finished writing the missing instructions
                           Mike will add links to them from the right places
              Edmund Jay apparently has results to submit
              Joseph reports that others have started running tests
                           He's seen some things that could be improved, which we'll fix
              The Executive Committee is meeting on July 30th to assess where we are with the migration

OAuth JAR
              We received feedback from Ben Kaduk requesting clarifications
              John and Mike reviewed the feedback, which seemed fine
              Nat will produce a new draft shortly, which should then go to the IESG

prompt=create Spec
              George checked in updates before the Mercurial migration
                           https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-prompt-create-1_0.html
              This needs to be added to https://openid.net/wg/connect/status/
              We could progress this towards Implementer's Draft status
                           Review feedback on the draft is requested

Native SSO Spec
              https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-native-sso-1_0.html
              This also needs to be added to https://openid.net/wg/connect/status/
              This needs more feedback before making it an Implementer's Draft
              Joseph will be mentioning this in his App2App Identiverse talk

Open Issues
              https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues?status=new&status=open
              #1180 - SIOP Laundry List
                           People should review this before the next SIOP meeting
                           Tom will add a reference to #1081 - Need for a persistence user identifier - a PUID
              #1170 - typ in the Request Object?
                           Closed, per the decision on the 4-Jun-20 working group call
              #1161 - Key rotation should require a delay between publishing a key and starting to use it?
                           Still waiting on specific wording

Next Call
              The next working group call is Monday, July 20 at 4pm Pacific Time