[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #1109: Use empty object instead of null in the claim request (openid/connect)

Víctor Herraiz Posada issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Sep 20 13:47:54 UTC 2019

New issue 1109: Use empty object instead of null  in the claim request
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1109/use-empty-object-instead-of-null-in-the

Víctor Herraiz Posada:

Using null is quite odd. It seems that you are not requesting that claim. I saw other proposal using “true” of “false”, but those values are quite meaningless too. I think an empty object is more appropriate  for this task \(e.i. I want this claim with all the default values\)

“given\_name”: \{\}  ≈ “given\_name”: \{ “essential”: false \}