[Openid-specs-ab] Best practices for native+server client

Tom Jones thomasclinganjones at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 21:02:46 UTC 2019

I have been trying to get my head around this problem to solve the US
Health care requirements as specfied here
https://hl7.org/fhir/smart-app-launch/index.html  Note that the focus here
is on IAL2 AAL2 authn which requires some sort of TEE.
You should also note that they have separated the problem into quadrants,
native apps and web apps on one axis and site supplied versus trusted third
party on the other.
I have been focused on the trusted third party app. I sounds like you are
asking about site supplied, but both need to be addressed to assure that
the right criteria an placed on the right  problem.
A good approach would to address all four at once to give architects the
ability to make the right choices, but a third axis would be assurance
level. That would be 8 use cases (or 12 if you wanted to address IAL3 as
well).
..tom
Peace ..tom

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 12:11 PM Nat Sakimura via Openid-specs-ab <