[Openid-specs-ab] [openid-specs-rande] You should read Torsten's proposal

Nick Roy nroy at internet2.edu
Fri May 10 21:02:38 UTC 2019

This is excellent. My only comment is in relation to section 10, "Privacy Consideration":

The document notes: "OP and RP MUST establish a legal basis before exchanging any personally identifiable information."

Does membership in a multilateral federation, where both parties have signed a participation agreement with the federation (but not each other) constitute a legal basis for the exchange? What about a situation where an OP is in one federation, and has signed its participation agreement, the RP is in another federation, and has signed its participation agreement, and the operators of both federations have signed an interfederation agreement with a party such as eduGAIN?

Thank you,

Nick