[Openid-specs-ab] Idea: client issue token themselves

Preibisch, Sascha H Sascha.Preibisch at ca.com
Mon Nov 5 21:19:26 UTC 2018

Hi Tom!

Thanks for your thoughts.

The AS still authenticates the client and verifies the requested scopes as it does today. It also authenticates the resource_owner who authorizes the client access to resources (which is not really obvious in the diagram, I will update that).

Details about the resource_owner may be included but maybe not. If they, the best way may be as an id_token. That id_token would include values such as ‘acr’.

The client is trustworthy if the RS accepts the grant of the AS. And the grant can only be meant for that particular client since only that client can sign the JWT with a ‘cnf.x5t#S256’ matching value.

I will collect more feedback and update my page accordingly.

Thanks,
Sascha