[Openid-specs-ab] Rename "Federation" --> "Metadata Statement"

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Sun Jul 22 22:37:37 UTC 2018

If you were to rename the "OpenID Connect Federation" to "OpenID Connect
Metadata Statements", or something more specific, I could drop my
objection to it.

One of my issues with it is that the name is too presumptuous.

If it's called "Metadata Statements", and it never gets adoption, then
no harm.  But if it's called "Federation", then it seems like we should
have more consensus on the design before we move to recommend
implementation.

- Mike

Michael Schwartz
Gluu