[Openid-specs-ab] Question on access token w multiple audiences and multiple resource servers

rich levinson rich.levinson at oracle.com
Tue Oct 17 19:33:34 UTC 2017

Hi Linus,

I agree there may be some issues introduced by Mutual TLS.

However, in principle, access tokens are bearer tokens and there really is no
implicit control on what entity is using the access token.

For example, if the oauth client trusts RS-1 to deliver a service, then
it should trust RS-1 to use the token to access RS-2.

Possibly Mutual TLS could be extended to cover the RS-1<->RS-2 connection
as well.

   Thanks,
   Rich