[Openid-specs-ab] prompt=none, how to?

Preibisch, Sascha H Sascha.Preibisch at ca.com
Wed Sep 6 15:26:12 UTC 2017

Hi all!

I would like to ask how others have implemented "prompt=none, user logged in".

The spec. says that no prompt should be displayed if the user is logged in. It also says that id_token_hint is optional.

I am interested in knowing how others identify a logged in user in the scenario "prompt=none, no id_token_hint".

If there is no indicator of who the user is, how shall I not fail? The spec. does not say anything about other potential identifiers such as cookies.

Thanks in advance,
Sascha